Saturday, March 15, 2008

Refocusing our Beliefs

“Once upon a time, people in India, used to go on a pilgrimage to prove their devotion. Today, if you are a devotee, you just call a number and the gods descend on your house on a pilgrimage – for a price of course! If you got no time to go upon a Pilgrimage, its not a problem; Pay Rs 10,000 and the idol of your lord will visit your home for an hour.” This is how an article, ‘Dial a Deity’ read in Saturday’s local newspaper.

It is astonishing while at the same time funny to reassess the extent of human reach. This speaks of how man has evolved in becoming the Father of God, for he has attained a fairly greater amount of power and prestige than God once possessed.

We believe that the generations to come will show a declining interest in their belief for god, but who wouldn’t? Who would believe in pseudo religion? Isn’t it enough that we keep our faiths to ourselves? Is Money so important? Can it buy your Divinity or Sanity? Religion is turning into a Big Hoax, and those who aren’t a part of it are being looked down upon. I don’t blame them, as I too am now, one of them.

I personally would rather be called an atheist than lose the dimension of my beliefs for my Supernatural. I don’t believe in Temples, books or idols… I don’t remember any prayers I learnt as a child… I don’t want to. As I feel disgusted. I feel shallow, for I look at him with ‘their’ eyes. And they look at him not with love, but with craving, craving for more, for betterment of themselves and their lives, craving for more power, money and success… Their hunger is insatiable. And the very fact that I am a part of them, disgusts me.

I can’t meet his eyes. I can’t stand before him. But all I do is still alone in the darkest corner of my room and think about him. I thank him for all that he has done, and apologias to him for all those times, man thinks of conquering him. And while I sit in that dark corner, I find his light burning within me. I do feel his soft touch against my skin. I feel his voiceless words pouring in. I love him, and I’ve never told him. But he knows. And I think he loves me too, despite of my shallowness, despite of the greed of my fellow men, despite of everything evil I’ve done. He loves me.

7 comments:

words to feel said...

hmmmm..very pure,honest and innocent way to bring out your love and devotion for your lord..i dont beleive in idol worshiping myself.i have faith in the supernatural power existing in this world,that which controls our good and bad times,without our involvement..i worship human body with a pure soul.loved the innocence in your words.:)

Nathan said...

Shriyaa,

I believe He loves you too. And I share your angst. Humankind thinks it can domesticate God, tame Him. They believe they can buy Him, when He already owns all things.

The only thing we can truly give God is our love, because love cannot be coerced. It is ontologically free; that is a metaphysical "given." And we can freely give it or withhold it. Not even God can force us to love. Because the moment it is forced or coerced, it ceased to be love because it is devoid of freedom.

God sees you as infinitely valuable. His love for you credits you with worth.

So happy to see you post after a long hiatus. Blessings and Peace to you. :)

Shriyaa said...

Dear Megha,

Firstly, thank you for the time and efforts you spent reading my words... It feels good to speak, when you know someone somewhere is listening you...

I dont say that idol worship is wrong or not fruitful. It indeed is. It helps man focus on one point, and concentrate all his devotion there in. But some of us seem to focus on every object around that reflect our devotion and love for god in them.
I too worship Human Body with a pure soul, for i see the face of my creator in them :)

Once again, thank you for commenting... :)

Love you.


Dear Nathan,

Good to hear from you after so long. A smile is one permanent sign when i read anything that comes from you... :)
Thanks for assuring that he does love me. For there are times when I've felt the absence of his Love.

Humans, i believe are weak. They let in anything that influnces them too much. Either it is Goodness like Devotion, Love, Art or Skill, or vices like Pride, Lust or Greed. They drench themselves in it, unaware of the directions that they are lead into.

Love is the only offering i can give him.
Love is the only grace i ask for from him.
Love is the only relation i seek between us.

Will get in touch with you soon.
May Prosperity and Love bestow you :)

Nathan said...

Shriyaa, just wanna say that I MISS YOU! Hope you stay in touch.

Nathan said...

Shriyaa,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for all of the kind, wonderful, insightful things you said on my blog!

I deeply appreciate you.

Validus said...

intriguing line of thought,
but i would want to pick up a faint line of dissent.

will the newer generation really be weaker or stronger?

since the intellectual newer generations seems to grasp the obselete commerciality , this superficial dependency quite well??

Nathan said...

Hi, Shriyaa! I have missed you. My friend Christianne recently "tagged" me to participate in a meme.

I would like for you to participate as well.